To contact, please email: ThreeArtsFriends@gmail.com

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Margaret Squires, former Three Arts resident, speaks out

I recently visited Chicago and brought my 15 year old daughter to see my old stomping ground. I lived at the three arts club in the early 80's while attending The School of the Art Institute. I was shocked and saddened to see the vibrant place I remember now vacant. This is so wrong.

I had the most wonderful experience with my fellow women at this very unusual place. I feel blessed for my experiences in Chicago, due in great part to the three arts.

I went on on to live in Los Angeles and recieved my MFA in painting from UCLA. Now I'm a high school art teacher and parent of three children. Our young women need places like the three arts. We were all so inspired by each other. If I had money to add to the cause I certainly would. Good luck in obtaining an endowment. I would be happy to write another letter if needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your words. To show your name, please click on the choice "NAME AND URL." Then fill in your name. Thank you.